Senior Business Controller
About Fit For Free and SportCity
In 2009, Fit For Free (founded in 2005) and SportCity (founded in 1995) came together with a strategy to rapidly increase market penetration in the Netherlands and to provide customer participation in sports. Since then the two brands have achieved impressive growth and have developed into recognized brands in their respective segments.
Fit For Free and SportCity have increased the number of clubs to 120 through organic growth and selective acquisitions. Substantial investments have been made into opening new clubs, refurbishing existing clubs with innovative formats, highest quality equipment and digitalization of the company’s membership and IT infrastructure. The organisation has been strengthened and professionalized through development of marketing, human capital, site selection and management, and strong day-to-day operational management.
In 2018 Bencis Capital Partners (an independent investment company operating out of the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany) acquired Fit For Free and SportCity together with the founders and a number of existing shareholders. The shareholders embrace and continue to support the growth and development strategy. This will enable further growth and allow the group to continuously improve quality of its clubs and services.
On behalf of Fit For Free and SportCity, Finance Factor Executive Finance Professionals likes to get in touch with an experienced:
Senior Business Controller
At the headquarters in Leiderdorp where all financial activities are based, we are looking for an ambitious and hands-on Executive Senior Business Controller. In this role, you report directly to the CFO and you are managing the Business Control department.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Support and challenge the business with information
- Monthly business performance analysis and management reporting to drive performance improvement
- Driving business results (growth, member satisfaction, utilisation & retention, cost efficiency, asset utilization, etc.)
- Develop and analyse the KPI dashboard
- Review budget based on performance and make appropriate amendments in re-forcasts
- Owner of the planning & control cycle
- Prepare guidelines for budgeting, forecasting & monthly reporting
- Synergy tracking and monitoring
- Manage the Business Control department
We are looking for a highly motivated professional who ‘gets things done’ and who is able to work in a fast moving and challenging environment.
The Senior Business Controller we are looking for:
- Is always trying to find ways to improve the business
- Is looking to create actionable steering information
- Is an expert in modelling
- Is a true BI-expert and an Excel-guru
- Has the ability to influence and steer the business
- Has a clear understanding of the difference between data and information
- Is not afraid to ask the question: 'why do we need this report?'
- Is driving the decision process based on the information delivered
- Is analytical
- Is curious and is eager to find all the information needed
- Has people management skills
Furthermore, the senior business controller has:
- A Master degree in Business Economics or similar
- At least 10 years experience as a Business Controller
- Experience in a PE-environment and/or a retail environment
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- The right work-ethics (no 9-5 mentality)
What we offer
At Fit For Free and SportCity you will find a challenging job with future career opportunities in an inspiring and fast changing environment. They offer competitive terms of employment.
Are you our new Senior Business Controller?
Let us know why you should be the new senior business controller and send us your resume. We will get in touch with you. If you have any questions, please contact Sander van Opstal, firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-51708941.