About Aalberts Industries
Aalberts is a global operating technology company listed on the Dutch stock exchange Euronext. The company specialises in high-quality industrial products, building leading niche market positions in defined businesses focusing on 10 end markets. With over 16,000 employees Aalberts operates from 150 business locations in more than 20 countries.
On behalf of Aalberts, FinanceFactor Executive Finance Professionals, likes to get in touch to further strengthen the company’s Group Control team with an experienced:
The headoffice in Utrecht (WTC, Central Station) currently exists of 25 professionals. To extend our activities we are looking for an ambitious Group Controller. In this role you report to the Director Group Control.
As a Group Controller at Aalberts, you work in an industry that is leading in an international, enterprising, successful organization.
You are the financial point of contact for a number of business teams and you will work closely with local senior management. You are responsible for the entire Planning & Control cycle of the business teams with a focus on analyzing the management information and assessing the results and effectiveness of the strategic policy. As a point of contact for the business team management you are an advisor to realize results and objectives, but on the other hand you are independent and critical to safeguard the interests of the entire group.
The business team management is responsible for the business within the specific customer / technology segment and manages the companies in the business team.
Within group control you are the expert for various valuation issues, you support merger & acquisition projects and you ensure correct processing in the financial reporting.
The position demands a self-starting personality that fits into an environment that is characterized by entrepreneurship. It will offer you an ideal mix that is suitable for talent that is able to develop quickly for leading positions within the organization.
At Aalberts you work independently to fulfill this position. Strong communicative and interpersonal skills are necessary to be successful.
- Contact point for the financial planning and control cycle of the business teams under your responsibility. Initiate and improve the overall quality of the reported data;
- Proactive participation in group consolidation and reporting, including optimizing the reporting process and planning and control under IFRS;
- Develop and maintain the reports and analyzes in which the overall performance management is made transparent and the issuing of advice to improve the performance;
- Support with mergers & acquisition projects, strategic analyzes, business cases and investment decisions;
- Coordinating the preparation and matching of valuation issues (purchase price allocations, impairment tests);
- Specialist from the team with regard to specific performance indicators;
- Support and advise on internal and external audits to be performed;
- Participation in various improvement projects from the head office.
- The ideal candidate has a completed university education, preferably supplemented with an RA program, 8 to 10 years' work experience within an international or complex environment and the right drive and ambition to make the difference within Aalberts;
- Perfect click with Aalberts values: be an entrepreneur, take ownership, go for excellence, share & learn and act with integrity;
- Strong communication skills, result-oriented and solution-oriented and able to bring about changes;
- Enthusiastic, proactive and initiative-rich;
- Analytical ability, conceptual thinking ability and a strong feeling for relationships between head office and operating company;
- Fluent Dutch and English.
What we offer
- At Aalberts you will find a challenging position at the head office of a publicly (AEX) listed technology company, with future career opportunities in an inspiring and fast changing environment;
- To be part of a compact team of professionals and entrepreneurs with room for your own vision and ideas;
- A (preferably) fulltime independent and responsible role;
- Lean organizational structure with short lines to the management board and the business;
- Agross salary, depends on your experience and education, 100-120K.
Are you our new Group Controller?
Let us know why you should be the new Group Controller and send us your resume. We will get in touch with you. If you have any questions, please contact Simon Anderiesen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-14837464 or Anastasia van Ravestijn, email@example.com or 06-40629802
- Post Doctoraal
- Concern Controller
- Group Controller