About Fit For Free and SportCity
In 2009, Fit For Free (founded in 2005) and SportCity (founded in 1995) came together with a strategy to rapidly increase market penetration in the Netherlands and to provide customer participation in sports. Since then the two brands have achieved impressive growth and have developed into recognized brands in their respective segments.
Fit For Free and SportCity have increased the number of clubs to 120 through organic growth and selective acquisitions. Substantial investments have been made into opening new clubs, refurbishing existing clubs with innovative formats, highest quality equipment and digitalization of the company’s membership and IT infrastructure. The organisation has been strengthened and professionalized through development of marketing, human capital, site selection and management, and strong day-to-day operational management.
In 2018 Bencis Capital Partners (an independent investment company operating out of the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany) acquired Fit For Free and SportCity together with the founders and a number of existing shareholders. The shareholders embrace and continue to support the growth and development strategy. This will enable further growth and allow the group to continuously improve quality of its clubs and services.
On behalf of Fit For Free and SportCity, Finance Factor Executive Finance Professionals likes to get in touch with an experienced:
At the headquarters in Leiderdorp, where all financial activities are based, we are looking for an ambitious and hands-on “Group Controller”. In this role, you report directly to the CFO.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Correct Consolidation of financial reports, preparation of annual statements and statutory reports
- Provide financial information, expertise and insight to the CFO to help drive results
- Ensuring compliance to accounting and reporting standards
- Correct accounting for multiple acquisitions through the year (e.g. Purchase price and minority interest accounting, ongoing valuation and impairment assessments etc)
- Managing the consolidation and monthly reporting cycle and looking for improved speed and efficiency in the process to speed up reporting timelines
- Ownership of the (financial) data model (e.g. chart of accounts, profit/cost centre structures)
- Review of current consolidation tools adequacy, and if required to change, to manage such a selection, implementation and embedding process
- Maintenance of the rolling, forward looking cashflow forecasts and managing group cashflows
- Maintain contact with several external stakeholders including auditors and banks
We are looking for a highly motivated professional who ‘gets things done’ and who is able to work in a fast moving and challenging environment.
The Group Controller we are looking for:
- Is experienced working in a dynamic (retail) setting
- Is highly experienced with Dutch GAAP
- Extensive experience of working with multiple companies consolidation, including different minority shareholding structures
Furthermore, the Group Controller:
- Has a post graduate RA / CPA
- At least has 5 years experience at a big 4 firm
- Has worked as a Group Controller, for at least 5 years, and has experience of working with consolidation tools (e.g. Hyperion)
- Has at least worked 5 years as a Group Controller in a company that has experienced significant acquisition activity during that period
- Is experienced and comfortable with non standard accounting topics particularly related to mergers and acquisition activity (Purchase price & minority interest accounting, etc.)
- Has strong financial modelling skills in Excel
- Has fluency in English and Dutch
What we offer
At Fit For Free and SportCity you will find a challenging job with future career opportunities in an inspiring and fast changing environment. They offer competitive terms of employment.
Are you our new Group Controller?
Let us know why you should be the new Group Controller and send us your resume. We will get in touch with you. If you have any questions, please contact Sander van Opstal, firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-51708941.