Business controller Supply Chain
The Role of the Business Controller Supply Chain
The Business Controller Supply Chain is a business partner supporting and challenging the management team in realizing profitable and sustainable growth, while monitoring and managing risks. The overall role of this position is to support the continued rapid (international) growth of Action in a manner that safeguards the financial integrity of our reporting and manages the key risk elements of our growth.
The Business Controller Supply Chain is part of a team of six business controllers and reports directly to the Finance Manager Supply Chain with direct exposure to the Group Finance Director and CFO. As part of the Group Finance Department consisting of Financial Control, Business Control and Financial Shared Service Centre, you have an important, independent and visible position to the organization being a critical and proactive sparring partner.
This is a varied role with tasks ranging from timely, accurate and complete reporting and analysing of the logistical performance to supporting the preparation of forecasts, budgets, strategic plans and business cases.
This role involves extensive frequent internal interaction in an international playing field with senior management and finance colleagues.
Therefore it is essential that you have strong leadership and communication skills both in Dutch and English. In combination with a strong eagerness to develop and optimize the Logistical control function.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth and transition of Action the role offers excellent career opportunities, we are looking for a senior candidate who can strengthen and support the team.
- Oversee and manage monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting and variance analyses and report results to senior management
- Conduct robust analyses to support decisions and opportunities to achieve group targets including KPI tracking on key KPI’s such as DC costs, Transport costs and Working capital
- Support and contribute to the preparation and development of forecasts, budgets and strategic plans
- Constructively challenge the Supply Chain teams to ensure rigor in the performance, numbers and plans
- Provide decision support to the Supply Chain teams to help driving the continued rapid (international) growth of Action based on solid operational understanding
- Business partner with the Supply Chain and Finance team to analyse and support on the 3 key areas:
- Developing European DC infrastructure;
- Realizing operational effectiveness of the DC’s;
- Realizing operational effectiveness of Transport and;
- Managing the flow of goods from supplier to store with an emphasis on integrated, lean End-to-End processes.
- Review the processes and strengthen internal controls and make recommendations for improvement
Being involved in special projects as required
- Highly analytical thinker
- 6-8 years of relevant (supply chain) finance experience in large dynamic international retail/FMCG environments
- University degree, potentially complemented with Registered Auditor/ Controller grade
- Knowledge of accounting systems (such as SAP and Hyperion)
- Driven, energetic
- Strong communicator
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced international environment
- Solution- and target oriented
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal (communication) skills and a team player
- Internationally oriented (potentially non-Dutch)
We offer the following remuneration
- A competitive salary package
- A company laptop and phone
Action opens a number of new stores nationally and internationally every week. This rapid growth makes us a successful organization, continuously expanding in scale. Your responsibilities on an international basis will increase accordingly. Not only does Action grow, but you will also have numerous possibilities to grow and develop yourself at our company.
Publish end date
- Post Doctoraal
- Senior Business Controller