Senior Business Controller
About GLIMMA - Create: Innovate: Collaborate
We are a global brand consultancy, with end-to-end expertise, with programs and projects from idea to implementation and everything in-between, with business services and supply.
- Brand Strategy (bring value to the development and delivery of brand programs)
- Branding (develop brands that promote purpose)
- Marketing (build creative and engaging strategies that connect and engage brands)
- Brand technology solutions (to elevate clients brand visibility) and
- Brand implementation programs across retail, real estate, airlines, fleet and logistics.
GLIMMA has hubs in the UK, Europe, USA, Latin America, India, and Hong Kong and a network of brand implementation partners across the globe. Our global partner network unlocks a more effective, sustainable and reliable future for client brands, and enables their brand to be everywhere it needs to be.
GLIMMA’s global expertise and network, enables us to provide our clients with a fully integrated and mobilised suite of services. With her core team and an unlimited flexible shell, GLIMMA, as a scale-up, optimizes her sales and delivery footprint.
It’s the combination of GLIMMA’s end-to-end expertise, global mobilization capabilities and collaborative approach that differentiates GLIMMA from traditional consultancies.
sr. Business Controller
Due to business expansion, and increasing complexity of our international programs and projects, we are seeking a sr. Business Controller to join our team. You would ideally be a qualified graduate, who
enjoys developing and maintaining financial and (project) control frameworks in a fast developing and dynamic young company. You feel yourself comfortable in a complex and decisive environment.
You are prepared to undertake some international travel and have a flexible mind and an entrepreneurial spirit.
This role will offer you the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the business from a financial perspective working with an international and entrepreneurial team to develop and to grow the business. You will have direct interactions with a variety of business partners. It is a senior finance role with a strong involvement into the day-today business and overall strategy of the company. You will combine being hands-on with being able to act as an independent and autonomously working professional. You enjoy working at the triangle of project, finance and business control.
This role will report into the worldwide Finance Director and has a high visibility towards the senior Leadership Team. This opening represents an exciting opportunity for personal and professional development in an expanding and entrepreneurial environment. Internal career opportunities are feasible.
Accountabilities and Requirements
Your accountabilities as the Business Controller
- Business partnering: Works closely with business leaders and stakeholders and is responsible for overseeing and providing strategic insights in financial operations to support the business's growth, profitability and support strategic decision-making.
- Financial planning and analysis: Develop and maintain financial plans, forecasts, and budgets, and analyze financial data to provide insightful reporting of the company's projects & financial performance.
- Financial Reporting of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflows to provide financial insight in GLIMMA’s business performance.
- Provide meaningful insights in programs and projects to Project Managers and the senior Leadership Team.
- Budgeting and financial management: Prepare and manage project scope & budgets, track expenditures, and ensure that the project stays within the targeted margin percentage or allocated (Design) budget.
- Risk management: Identify potential risks and develop strategies to mitigate them. Monitor the project for potential risks and take action to minimize their impact.
- Performance monitoring: Track financial performance in general and of projects in particular against margin standards, budgets and forecasts, identify areas of concern, and recommend actions to stakeholders.
- Communication: Ensure that all business and project stakeholders are informed of project status, progress, issues, and risks in a timely and effective manner. Co-driver of the monthly project review and forecast meeting with the senior Leadership Team.
- Process improvement: Identify opportunities to streamline financial processes and systems, and implement improvements as necessary.
- Master’s degree in Business Economics related fields
- 6-8 years of experience as a (Business) Controller
- Strong analytical, communicating and consulting skills
- Work experience in a fast-paced environment, favorably in a services and project driven organization
- Knowledge of Oracle NetSuite and Monday.com is a pré.
- Strong Excel skills and preferably BI-tooling skills
- A relationship and business-oriented person
- Disciplined, responsive and reliable in executing company processes
- Strong English verbal and written language skills are required
- X-cultural savvy and an international orientation