Manager Finance & Control
The European Hematology Association promotes excellence in patient care, research and education in hematology. We serve medical professionals, researchers and scientists with an active interest in hematology. We are proud to be the largest European-based organization connecting hematologists worldwide to support career development and research, harmonize hematology education and advocate for hematologists and hematology.
On behalf of EHA, FinanceFactor Executive Finance Professionals, likes to get in touch to with an experienced:
Manager Finance & Control
As manager Finance & Control at EHA, you will work for Europe’s largest non-profit membership organization, in the field of blood disorders (hematology). At the EHA Executive Office in The Hague 30 highly skilled and dedicated professionals are supporting the EHA Board and its Committees, partners and volunteers to successfully develop and execute various projects and programs in the area of research, education and advocacy. One of these projects is EHA’s Annual Congress with 11.000+ participants.
You are an important sparring partner for the CEO, the Management Team and the EHA Board.
You will be the first point of contact for all matters concerning finances, tax, budgeting, treasury, business analyses and related reporting. You are the sparringpartner for the CEO, the Management Team and the EHA Board and you provide support to colleagues and external partners on all financial matters. You are eager to bring the financial management of the organization to the next level.
You have a lively personality and you actively contribute to the success and growth of the organization with a positive attitude. You are strong and confident and not afraid to express your opinion. You are pro-active, independent and possess a hands-on mentality. You take pride in applying your knowledge and experience in a trustworthy manner. You have well-developed analytical skill and you are capable of distinguishing and establishing structures while not losing the overview or the overall goal. You are able to translate decisions and directions in tasks and monitor execution and developments. Excellent and clear communication, in particular with professionals, is your second nature. You see chances and opportunities. You enjoy working in a small organization with many international contacts.
Last but not least, you also have the right drive and ambition to develop yourself within EHA.
- Responsible for the entire accounting and planning & control cycle;
- Optimize and monitor administrative procedures and processes;
- Taking care of the various declarations such as VAT, VPB;
- Taking care of monthly closures and monthly reports;
- Taking care of the year-end closing and supervising the interim and year-end audit;
- Contacts with internal and external stakeholders, such as accountant, bank and tax authorities;
- All other occurring activities in the Finance and Control department;
- Deliver, analyze and present management information to the management team;
- Assist in drawing up budgets for EHA, in close co-operation with the Executive Director;
- Give solicited and unsolicited financial advice;
- Develop, maintain and analyze management reports of the overall performance;
- Coordination of the financial statements process. Drafting the draft annual accounts;
- Participation in various improvement projects of the Executive Office;
- In this position, you report to the CEO in the Netherlands.
- Master degree in Business Economics, preferably with CPA/RA/RC qualification;
- 5-12 years progressive finance experience in a complex international financial and tax environment;
- Good leadership skills to lead multi-cultural teams;
- The ability to create a high performance team;
- Experience with complex self-governing bodies (ZBO);
- Politically sensitive;
- Familiar with the powers of the Board and Committees;
- Strong financial/accounting skills;
- The ability to anticipate, identify and resolve financial issues;
- You identify with EHA’s values: Connect with people, Take ownership, Go for excellence, Create value and deliver;
- Pro-active, self-starting attitude;
- Strong analytical, communicative and social skills;
- Driven, ambitious and results-oriented;
- Highly experienced in an advisory role;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Dutch and English.
What we offer
- At EHA you will find a challenging position at the Executive Office of an ambitious international organization;
- To be part of a compact team of professionals with space for your own vision and ideas;
- A full-time independent and responsible role;
- Agile organizational structure with short lines to the management team and the business;
- A competitive salary based on knowledge and experience;
- 30 holidays;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- A collective pension;
- Good travel reimbursement arrangements;
- Possibility to follow training courses.
- Post Doctoraal
- Financieel Manager
- Manager Bedrijfsvoering