Manager Business Control Central & Eastern Europe
"We're not here to sell you beauty; we are here to make you feel good." Raymond Cloosterman, CEO Rituals.
We are a global brand, established in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, in 2000. Our ambition is to grow sustainably and become - and remain - the number one global luxury brand in cosmetics. Today, Rituals operates in more than 807 stores, 2700 shop-in-shops across 33 countries throughout Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North and South America. Rituals is an omnichannel brand that operates within Retail, Wholesale, E-com and Travel Retail.
Our dream is to bring our philosophy of slowing down to different parts of the world and to create a global lifestyle movement.
In 2020 we had a great milestone, celebrating our 20th birthday. We celebrated this by opening the largest Rituals store in the world, our very first flagship store, House of Rituals. It spans 1700 square meters across 4 floors. Containing new exclusive collections, a restaurant and a mind and body spa.
Over the next 10 years we want to take the brand and company to the next level. This means not only open more stores, but we also want to build even more of a community around the brand.
Functie omschrijving Manager Business Control Central & Eastern Europe
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Are you ready to join the journey of Rituals in building an omni-channel brand and community? This role is all about taking our business control in Central & Eastern Europe to the next level. You will be part of the local management teams in DACH and Eastern Europe and provide insights to our business partners in these regions to support data driven decision making. You know how to advise your colleagues in a convincing way, and you will master the Plan & Control cycle of all Lines of Businesses in your markets. Your ultimately goal is to support a sustainable growth of Rituals in these markets. One of our largest regions DACH is a “big strategic bet” for Rituals. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious controller to take leadership and expand this control team on short term. As Business Controller for Eastern Europe, you will support a relatively new region for Rituals in which you can contribute to build the brand in this fast-growing market.
You support our local market teams to reach the Sales and Ebitda objectives. In this role you will report to Manager Market Control. You are part of the central Control & Analytics team, stationed in Amsterdam. From our central head office, you will maintain a close relation with the local head offices.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Manager Business Control Central & Eastern Europe include:
• Act as a business partner for DACH and Eastern Europe as part of the local management teams.
• Execute the Plan & Control cycle, from accurate planning and analysis to insightful reporting.
• The Consumer Sales drivers will have no secrets to you: you will master (Online) Store Sales. & KPI's, the impact of Promotions, Events & Product launches on your region, and clear visibility on Expansion plan and performance.
• Full support on P&L insights from Sales to Profitability for all Lines of Businesses: Retail, Digital and Wholesale.
• Develop business analyses on sales and cost performance and link financial insights to our business strategies and operational execution.
• Support with improvements for reporting, analytics, and processes.
Functie eisen Manager Business Control Central & Eastern Europe
- Master’s degree in business economics related fields, preferably in combination with a RC-degree
- 8-10 years of experience as a (Business) Controller
- Strong analytical, communicating and consulting skills
- Work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong English verbal and written language skills are required, and German is preferred.
In your work, you are pragmatic and flexible. You have a hands-on mentality, and you love to contribute to a growing organization. Your input makes the organization work more effectively and efficiently every day. You also value accuracy and teamwork. Even under pressure, you like the challenge and will perform effectively. As a person, you are a modest and assertive. In your field, you want to be the best in class.
Rituals offers a challenging role in an eager and diverse team, where empowering your colleagues (and vice versa) is part of the deal. Although our proposition encompasses a benefits and compensation package in line with market conditions, the (international) scope and impact of the position may appeal to you even more. When everything is back to normal, you’ll spend (most of) your time at our Amsterdam HQ. We hope you can appreciate the view of one of the most iconic Amsterdam canals.
By joining Rituals, you’ll get to experience a strong culture and entrepreneurial spirit which empowers you to create your meaningful career. We care about the well-being of our staff, as much as we value the well-being of the planet. By passionately looking after both, we believe we can pave the way to a more sustainable world and take appropriate action to limit our footprint on Mother Earth. You’ll have a strong sense of purpose at Rituals. Our mission is to make people feel good and touch as many lives as possible. Independent of your role, you will create a positive impact on our daily business.