International Controller Hail & Cotton
Hail & Cotton: The Right Blend for You
Hail & Cotton International Group (HCIG) has over 100 years’ experience of providing leaf expertise, products and related services to manufacturers of all consumer tobacco products, making the Group one of the world’s largest tobacco leaf suppliers. The company owns agronomy, leaf purchasing, fermentation, warehousing & sales facilities in every corner of the world.
HCIG sources leaf tobacco from both its internal growing programs and direct contracting relationships with independent growers and unique sourcing agreements. In each instance, the company provides agronomic assistance to ensure tobacco is grown in adherence with good agricultural practices and sustainable tobacco production. The commitment to product reliability, sustainable agricultural practices and corporate social responsibility is the backbone of the relationship with our customers, from major manufacturers to niche-product specialists.
HCIG has 3 Operating Divisions: North America, Dark Air Cured and International. The Dark Air Cured Division is focused on processing dark cigar leaf tobaccos and has operations in 5 countries including Dominican Republic, Indonesia and Brazil. The International Division is headquartered in the Netherlands and has equity positions in Brazil, Zimbabwe and robust supply partnerships with local strong suppliers in all core markets. The Finance Department of the Dark Air Cured and International Division is based in the Netherlands.
For Hail & Cotton’s International Sales & Business Development office, located in Aalsmeer (The Netherlands), FinanceFactor likes to get in touch with an:
The Controller is primarily responsible for various financial accounting activities of our international subsidiaries. These activities include consolidation of the accounting information obtained from each subsidiary into consolidated reports, financial statements, operating plans and budgets, etc. used by the senior management. In this role, you report directly to the VP International Finance & Admin and you lead/supervise two local accountants. The responsibilities of the International Controller are:
- Preparation and review of reporting packages, local financial statements and other financial information submitted by international subsidiaries (5 operating origins and 8 holding/dormant companies);
- Communication with accounting and finance team members in each origins and assist local finance teams with accounting related questions;
- Review of inventory costing and reporting performed by subsidiaries;
- Develop and maintain an adequate understanding of local accounting principles;
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of accounting software (Navision);
- Prepare consolidation file and include elimination entries for intra-group transactions, holding adjustments including purchase price accounting entries;
- Prepare consolidated financial statements;
- Preparation of annual consolidated budget (operating plans) based on individual budget files submitted by local finance teams and bi-annual update;
- Preparation of audit work-paper files;
- Perform other accounting, financial and tax analysis as requested by the VP International Finance & Admin;
- Occasional travel to subsidiaries;
- Responsible for the accounts of several Dutch and one Spanish entity, including corporate income tax preparation;
- Responsible for administrative procedures and effective internal controls;
- Develop and maintain monthly performance metrics dashboard for all subsidiaries, including monthly sales report. Develop sales analytical management information;
- Assist with preparation and update of BEPS Transfer pricing documentation.
Our ideal International Controller is experienced working in a multi-location and/or international company. We are looking for a professional who is detailed oriented with strong analytical and communication skills. He or she should have thorough knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost accounting control principles, including NL GAAP. Further requirements are:
- Consolidation accounting and financial reporting experience;
- Experience with automated financial and accounting reporting systems;
- Computer proficiency in MS Office;
- Experience with MS-Dynamics – Navision a plus;
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree;
- 5 plus years of experience, preferably in public accounting;
- Fluency in English.
An exciting, rewarding career
Join Hail & Cotton’s team and be part of a growing company producing the finest tobacco products from all corners of the world. Hail & Cotton International Group offers competitive salaries and benefits packages plus a unique, informal and interesting environment working with team members from around the globe. Depending on your level of education and experience, the gross salary will be 80-90k per year plus a variable bonus.