International Controller and Statutory Accountant
Hill International provides program and project management, construction management, cost engineering and estimating, quality assurance, inspection, scheduling, risk management and claims avoidance to clients involved in major construction projects worldwide. Hill has participated in over 10,000 project assignments with a total construction value of more than $500 billion. Hill is ranked as the 8th largest construction management firm in the United States according to Engineering News-Record magazine.
Support all projects in the region to improve processes, simplify procedures; standardize reporting processes and assist the international Finance teams in planning and executing the required work. Preparation of the set of financial statements and tax returns in the Netherlands and liaising with the auditors in the audit process. Assisting in the process to ensure that all entities will better account in the current Vision system; overseeing activities across large project(s) / series of projects with respect to cost management, planning and scheduling; Contracts management, forecasting, accounting document control, finance, SOX controls and audits.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Master degree in accounting or Finance
- CPA, RA or RC degree, or proven track record in audit
- Preferably 4+ year audit experience with the Big Four firm
- Extensive experience with IFRS/Dutch GAAP and US GAAP
- Extensive experience in preparation of consolidated multifunctional Financial Statements
- Good working knowledge of SOX controls
- Team player, good communicator and demonstrating initiative
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of Consolidation and ERP systems and extensive experience in creating consolidated financial statements in compliance with Dutch GAAP
- Experience with US GAAP/IFRS and preferably also with GAAP in other countries
- Committed and being able to deliver project in time in scope and in cost
- Able to inspire and motivate people to do the right thing
- Good process improvement capabilities
- Extensive experience with ERP systems and consolidation systems
- Computer skills and good knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Good command of the English language
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
This role offers excellent bonus & benefits, with salary up to 85k, great benefits including private medical cover.
- Statutory requirements for Hill International NV
- Prepare the consolidated statements for Hill International NV
- Provide external parties the information as required for tax returns and managing the rulings applicable for NL.
- Ensure appropriate TP application for all international Hill entities
- Appropriate accounting on GL for all Hill International branches
- SOX, Internal control and control systems
- Interact with the controllers in Europe, Middle East and North Africa to ensure that the controls are efficient and effective. Either by reviewing documentation or by discussion.
- Interact with Corporate finance and internal audit to resolve both control issues and to implement changes
- Ensure adherence to company policies, processes and procedures.
- Process improvement and creating transparency
- Play the corporate function in the region to assist in the identification of areas for process improvement, harmonization of processes and in the roll out of various IT-Finance systems.
- Be the leader in proposing process solutions and the subsequent implementation of such solutions.
- Provide assistance in the creation and definition of improved (financial) reports, to be used in various business and forecasting meetings to allow participants to focus on business improvements.
- Advocate and promote change management and assist in such execution of the changes.
- Assist in the month end close for International and manage some of the admin functions for regional support (BlackLine regional admin; support for consolidation and forecasting; creating international wide reports).
- Lead and assist in ad-hoc financial projects to support the International Finance Director.
Publish end date
- Financieel Manager
- Manager planning & control
- Manager Internal Audit & Compliance
- Group Controller