Financial Controller EMEA
Perfect Plants is a global agriculture-technology company producing and distributing high quality starting material for horticulture, food and pharma plants, including cannabis. We store, propagate, and distribute commercial quantities of clean, stable starting material, in several formats including tissue and young plant. The company has been in operation for over 40 years, with facilities located in Honselersdijk, Netherlands as well as Cape town, South Africa and a new operation scheduled to commence in Toronto, Canada in Q3 2021. In the next 18 months, the company plans to open additional facilities located in strategic jurisdictions to create an industry leading global logistical platform for live plant starting materials (acquisition of businesses is part of the ambitious growth plan).
Additionally, the company is preparing to list its common shares on a recognized stock exchange in Canada within the next 6 months. The EMEA Financial Controller will be involved in the listing process by supporting in the preparation of consolidation financial statements and other disclosure documents required under Canadian securities regulations.
For more information about the company, please visit the website at https://perfectplants.nl/.
Functie omschrijving Financial Controller EMEA
• Oversee the consolidation and preparation of the regional financial statements (for all EMEA entities), including supporting schedules and note disclosures in accordance with IFRS
• Preparation of monthly management report, including both financial and operational metrics. Compare financial performance with budget and explain variances.
• Responsible for the development of accounting policies and process standards, as well as accounting interpretation of complex IFRS accounting issues.
• Development and maintenance of internal controls over financial reporting
• Manage external auditors for annual audit and quarterly review engagements.
• Preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
• Manage and control cashflow and adequate cashflow reporting and analysis
• Oversee tax compliance and tax returns working with our external tax specialists to ensure compliance in all jurisdictions and to optimize tax exposure
• Responsible for maintenance of transfer pricing policies and processes
• Continuously drive efficiencies in accounting and reporting process to take time out of the close cycle and improve quality of information provided
• Assist with the preparation of the company’s other public company disclosure documents such as press releases, management discussion and analysis and annual circulars.
• Provide support in due diligence activities.
• Manage and mentor the team, setting performance targets and providing training.
Functie eisen Financial Controller EMEA
• Accounting designation and at least 7 years of experience in accounting / financial reporting
• Fluent in Dutch and English
• Experience with consolidation of several companies, preferably in different jurisdictions
• Experience working in a multi-currency environment
• IFRS experience is an asset
• Public company experience would be an asset
• Experience managing external auditors
• Development and maintenance of internal financial controls
• An important pivotal function in an organization that is continuously in motion (growth);
• Working in a compact but high-quality finance team;
• Lots of responsibility and room for own initiative;
• Excellent employment conditions.