Invest International is a new state shareholding with the objective of supporting companies in their international activities while at the same time offering solutions to global challenges, as reflected in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Growing economies in sustainable way is both a must and an opportunity. Against that backdrop, Invest International will develop and provide innovative impact investing solutions both at home and in upcoming markets creating synergies between public funding (1.5 billion EUR worth of grants) and private investment capital (800 million EUR) to support projects both government-to-government and in cooperation with SME’s and large corporates. Linking commercial to SDG-targets with close monitoring and evaluation will be key to all initiatives. The aim is to finance projects that cannot attract sufficient funding in the commercial market, but that are crucial to make these transitions to sustainable economies. With that, Invest International is taking a unique position in the market at the forefront of economical and societal growth and development.
Invest International intends to open its doors first of June 2021 in The Hague. Most of the employees (100) will join from two organisations, FMO and RVO. Today, they work in the departments that focus on public funding and private investment aimed at upcoming markets. These activities, as well as investment initiatives already under preparation, will merge into Invest international. Currently, Invest International is hiring about 10 professionals in a variety of supporting functions. The expectation is to grow to about 140 staff in the first few years.
The Financial Controller will build-up and improve the financial control function within the organisation. Besides that, he or she will manage the financial control activities and ensure that all accounting requirements for the 6 administrations will be applied.
This includes the further build-up and maintenance of the accounting set up of the company under IFRS and monthly converting the IFRS9 loan portfolio from the external primary system to Exact Globe, while having a coordinating role in the month-end, quarterly and year-end close. The individual oversees the accounting department, manages their output and cooperates with them to attain the goals and timelines set. He or she is also driving the yearly financial audit process of 4 Ltd.’s (Dutch B.V.’s) and 2 fund administrations. The individual also monitors the financials and cost allocation between the holding and the subsidiaries.
The Financial Controller works with the colleagues in finance but has also contacts outside the financial area to capture all necessary information to obtain objective and complete figures. Your dominant attitude is ‘blue’ - an identification for being accurate, disciplined, reliable, honest - but you are also able to think creatively and come up with new solutions for financial issues.
The reporting line is into the Manager Finance who reports into the CFRO.
• Manage the accounting set-up within Invest International, including defining relevant documentation such as the accounting manual.
• Convert monthly the IFRS9 based loan portfolio from the external primary system to Exact Globe, including the maintenance and application of the model-based adjustments.
• Coordinate the process, timing and rhythm of the (statutory) month, quarterly, and year-end close.
• Prepare the monthly reporting together with Business Control.
• Consolidation of the financial statements, using speedbooks
• Drive the yearly financial audit process of 4 Ltd.’s (Dutch B.V.’s) and 2 fund administrations, including management of the audit files.
• Monitor the applied cost allocation methods between the holding and the subsidiaries.
• Analysing the financials and KPI’s against budgets, including analysing the investment portfolio.
• Safeguard Invest International values in the core of its activities.
• Strong affinity with the mission and vision of Invest International.
• Master’s degree (HBO or university), preferably with – or studying for a financial postmaster degree
• At least 8 years of a solid background in financial control, preferably in a banking or investment related environment. Experience as an auditor, previously working for an audit firm, is a pro. The ideal candidate has worked as an auditor, has experience in financial control and is ready for this next step ahead.
• Recent applied knowledge of, and experience with, IFRS, and specifically IFRS9.
• Knowledge and Experience with Exact Globe is a pro.
• Ability to build-up the financial control function with a tactical view and hands-on approach.
• Strong capabilities in applying new business initiatives into accounting requirements.
• Ability to understand new environments swiftly and tailor the financial processes aimed at ‘getting things done’.
• Positive mindset and high energy level. Flexibility dealing with ambiguity and resilient with adversity.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Political, diplomatic and administrative sensitivity taking into account different needs, interests and cultural backgrounds.
• Analytical, customer focus, looking for cooperation, environmental awareness, planning and organisation including process check, creative, result driven, eye for detail, focus on continuous improvement.
• Focus on cooperation with can-do-mentality and ability to bridge conflicts of interest.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
Salary and Benefits
• An innovative, dynamic working environment.
• 12 months contract for 40 hours per week with potential to extend afterwards.
Apart from having at heart sustainable growth in-country and overseas, Invest International also supports the development of their employees as well as their flexibility in how they best deliver their work. Hence, mobile phone, laptop and commuting allowance is provided for. The start-up phase the organisation will be in, will allow for a steep learning curve for those who take the initiative to pick up projects and opportunities within the growing organisation.
Invest International has a flat organisation structure with short lines of communication and little hierarchy in decision making. Hence, it allows for all employees with initiatives based on solid argumentation to have direct impact on the activities and results of the company.