Finance / Business Controller at HES International B.V.; HES Botlek placement
About HES Botlek Tank Terminal
HES International B.V. (“HES”) is private equity (“PE”) owned and acts as a holding company of leading independent providers of logistical services in deep water ports in Europe. HES provides stevedoring services for a wide range of industrial clients mainly in the Energy & Power, Oil & Gas and Steel industries. Currently HES operates more than 10 dry and liquid bulk sea terminals in five countries (the Netherlands, France, Germany, UK and Poland) across the following main product groups: oil products, thermal coal, coking coal, iron ore, minerals, biomass and agri bulk. HES Botlek Tank Terminal (HES Botlek), part of HES International Group, offers liquid storage capacity for major oil companies and traders with a capacity of 477 kcbm. HES Botlek is currently expanding its capacity with the aim to increase this to 500 kcbm at the end of 2019. Further expansion projects are scheduled for the coming years.
The Controller is responsible for:
- Executing business control services and partnering with the business to realize business objectives and to increase the organizational value.
- The Controller is required to work closely with several business disciplines within the terminal and actively contribute to the continuous improvement of quality of reporting cycles, workflows, systems and processes.
- It is expected that the Controller contributes to IT projects from a financial perspective (a.o. Exact)
- The controller will be involved for further improvement of the use and tracking of KPI’s with the aim to continuous improve the financial performance of the organisation
- The Controller will be involved in internal and external (HES Group) monthly reporting including forecasting, cash flow analysis, opex/capex controlling and further financial analysis.
- The Controller will be involved or responsible for the development of business cases, budgeting proposals and multi-year planning as well as ad-hoc analysis for HES Holding.
The controller will be working closely with the Finance Director, the broader terminal management team and finance department at HES Holding. It is envisaged that the control will have ample opportunity to develop within the role at HES Botlek and in the long term grow towards more senior roles within HES Botlek or other subsidiaries within the HES International Group.
- The candidate for the Controller position should hold a Master degree in a financially orientated study, preferably in (Business) Economics, Accounting or Controlling
- The candidate has approximately three to five years of experience
- Preferably the candidate already has experience working in a similar business environment
- Experience in Business control and business improvement from a financial perspective (IT, Processes, Workflows) supported with a good knowledge of financial control and accounting.
HES Botlek is looking for the following characteristics:
The candidate is an ambitious, pro-active and committed professional who has proven analytical ability, problem-solving skills and is mature and balanced. Also the ideal candidate would also be able to demonstrate leadership, both individual drive and in a team. The ideal candidate also has a track record in projects and has the mindset to improve on a continuous basis.
For this the Candidate has the following profile on personal skills:
- Analytical, able to shift between details and abstract ideas
- Fast learner, flexible and energetic in thinking, but accurate in practical follow-up
- Result driven
- Team player