Finance, Accounting & Controlling Manager
FinanceFactor seeks a finance, accounting and controlling manager - full time with benefits - who is responsible for all areas of corporate financial accounting and (in- and external) reporting of the holding and finance activities.
As the new finance, accounting and controlling manager you will be required to assist in development and implementation of new internal control procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the finance and controlling department. You will be required to develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and help manage the compliance function. You are responsible for managing the finance & accounting and the controlling function of our client. You will have contact with the respective finance and accounting / controlling teams led by the CFO of the other holding companies, as well as the firm’s Managing Director.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and maintain daily financial record keeping (including billing, A/R, A/P and GL) and reporting systems;
- Prepare all periodic (consolidated) reports;
- Prepare and formalize monthly analyses and by working closely with French and German finance and accounting department heads;
- Oversee accurate and timely filing of tax forms, including corporate income tax, wage tax and VAT declarations;
- Review bank reconciliations, loan schedules, management fees and corporate allocation of costs and intercompany billings to our client, including follow-up of payment;
- Research complex, technical accounting issues and assist Managing Director;
- Maintain schedules and books of IFRS conversion adjustments;
- Treasury and cash pooling;
- Implement cash management system for all group members;
- Organize synergies in financing and cash management;
- Organize Forex policy of the group;
- Propose to the Management Board and implement the Group Controlling Standards & Rules Organize and recommend the structure of the Medium-Term Planning / Annual budget / Forecast process;
- Organize and elaborate monthly reporting and provide required information to the management board and supervisory board;
- Management of actions plans;
- Implement of reporting and MTP/Budget/Forecast software and Information Systems Administrator;
- Follow up the synergies and the post-merger process;
- Coordination of investments / planning items;
- Preparation of Audit & Compliance Committee meeting and Supervisory Board meeting;
Our client seeks a finance, accounting and controlling manager who is responsible for all areas relating to corporate financial accounting and (in- and external) reporting of the holding and finance activities. The ideal candidate possesses a university bachelor degree in accounting, business administration or related field, has at least five + years working experience in a combined accounting and financial controlling function, including consolidation, preparing budgets and actual monthly internal reporting, preparation of annual financial statements working with an automated financial management system. Reporting directly to and working under the direction of the Managing Director. The Managing Director is part of the Management Board and reports to the Management Board. The finance, accounting & controlling manager should be a highly motivated self-starter with accounting and financial reporting experience and have and maintain a thorough understanding of both IFRS and Dutch GAAP.
The position requires the following qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player;
- Strong organizational and management skills, ability to meet established deadlines;
- Ability to see the big picture whilst focusing on the process and procedures necessary to procedure deliverables;
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product;
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, with limited supervision;
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in fast-paced developing environment;
- Corporate (or holding) accounting and reporting experience, including treasury, payroll and tax;
- Experience with consolidation and preparation of annual financial statements;
- Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Microsoft office and accounting software for example SAP or J.D. Edwards);
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year budgeting and financial close process is a requirement;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural organization interfacing with binational finance and accounting teams.
Working at our client means a job within an internationally oriented, dynamic and informal work environment with good primary and secondary employment conditions. In summary:
- Location: Amsterdam (Zuidas), with limited travelling obligations to Germany or France;
- Contract: full-time;
- Term: 1 year, to be converted to indefinite upon mutual satisfactory completion;
- Base salary: roughly EUR 100,000 per annum, excluding bonus;
- Pension (defined contribution scheme).