Who we are
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, and Maxus, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Job Description Compliance Manager
- Overseeing SOX, internal (parent company) and external (client) audits
- Preparing and maintaining necessary/required audit documents/documentation
- Ensuring that the company controls, processes and systems are in compliance with local laws and regulations, group internal procedures, client contract requirements
- Maintaining and updating internal policies and procedures
- Liaising and working with regional compliance
- Working closely with unit finance management, accounting director and IT to devise and develop internal processes and systems to ensure compliance with SOX and internal polices/procedures
- Working closely with unit management to conduct audits checks across various business units, and recommending best practice, testing the accuracy, reliability and completeness of controls and systems
- Preparing and documenting reports
- Following-up on various audit findings and recommendations
- Developing remediation plan
- Ad hoc compliance activities
- Supporting global compliance tools and systems in the local market
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the internal and external stakeholders
- The role reports to GroupM CFO and Regional Risk and Compliance Director
Desired Skills & Experience Compliance Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience in global companies
- Big four/audit background and experience is a plus
- Knowledge internal auditing standards, auditing techniques and processes
- Sound knowledge of IFRS techniques
- Experience in a consumer and/or professional service businesses
- Strong, balanced technical financial skills with an operational, systems and process orientation.
- Ability to find innovative solutions to control, process and systems issues
- Fluent English written and spoken is essential
- Team player and able to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills – positive attitude to challenges
- Hands-on and detail-oriented.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Systems savvy
An assessment may be part of the procedure.