Atlas Professionals, founded in 1982, is an international human resources service provider focused on the maritime, offshore
oil & gas, and renewable energy markets. Atlas operates under two labels: Atlas Professionals and NextWave Partners. Atlas
Professionals is mainly active in the temporary staffing (contracting) of specialized technical staff for the offshore oil&gas,
maritime and renewable energy sectors with the group head office located in Hoofddorp. Nextwave Partners mainly focusses
on permanent recruitment and contracting for clients active in the energy transition. NextWave was acquired by Atlas in
2022 and has its main office in Singapore. The group has 20 offices around the world, including Americas, Asia and Australia.
Atlas group revenue was just below EUR 200mln in 2023, employing approx. 400 indirect (office) staff and on average 3,500
direct staff working at its clients.
Since 2011, Atlas is majority owned by HAL Investments. Together with the new group CEO Neil Tregarthen, who started at
Atlas in November 2023, HAL has the ambition to significantly grow Atlas, benefitting from the combination of strengths of
Atlas Professionals and NextWave Partners. The objective is to grow the EBITDA from € 4mln in 2023 to € 20m in 2027. The
role offers a clear opportunity to influence a material business transformation project, measured via not just EBITDA growth,
but also from culture change, productivity improvements, staff learning and development, IT strategy and business
integration. The new CEO is motivated by improving emotional intelligence across the business and creating personal
development opportunities for staff at every level in the organisation.
The Finance Director will be a member of the management team (Strategy-and-Tactics team or SAT-team) and report to the
The Finance Director will be responsible for Atlas Group and group companies for:
- Leading the international finance and payroll organization (38 fte of which 11 NL, 10 UK, 6 Singapore and 11 rest-ofworld)
- Financial reporting – reliable and timely
- Business reporting including development and implementation of KPI reporting
- Planning and budgeting
- Financing, Treasury and Cash flow forecasting
- Annual accounts (IFRS) and financial reporting to majority shareholder HAL (listed)
- Finance system (Workday) and its connectivity with mid- and front-office (ERP) systems.
- Sparring-partner to the Group’s TLI (Tax, Legal and Insurance) team, with responsibility for the Group’s tax accounting including transfer pricing, corporate income tax filings and contacts with external advisors and the international tax authorities
- Group audit and contacts with the group auditor (PWC)
- The Finance Director will be present at the Supervisory Board meetings and be in regular contact with the majority shareholder HAL Investments
- Hands-on, pragmatic, no-nonsense, can-do mentality
- Strong analytical skills, eye-for-detail
- Corporate experience, but no ‘corporate mentality’
- Leading by example / fun to work with
- Strong financial background (i.e. 8-10 years audit experience (RA or international equivalent at Big4 accounting firm) followed by leadership role in an international finance organization (e.g. business controlling).·
- Experience in staffing industry is a pre, but not a must
Competitive remuneration package including LTIP with significant upside potential.
Location: Hoofddorp/Amsterdam region with some international travel required.